Asafa not ready!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    Hearing the fans talk after the meet: "The collection plate not enough for the pastor's son to put out any big effort". The talk is that Asafa only runs well when there is big money being offered.
    Yuh really believe that a top professional would step on the track...and not try?

If that is a part of where his mind is...I do not hold out much hope for him pulling off a win in an Olympic or World Championship final in an individual event. ...and his not winning at least one of those would be a great pity!

Not trying?
    Which of our past greats could the fans say that about?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl we are living in different times. In today's world, what is a priority for a young person/athlete is different from those of past. I am not saying that this is the case of Asafa, but some athletes are motivated by the money and not medals.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Karl we are living in different times. In today's world, what is a priority for a young person/athlete is different from those of past. I am not saying that this is the case of Asafa, but some athletes are motivated by the money and not medals.
        I hear you...but...?????????
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Kerron & Shelly Ann

I still have faith in Asafa. I am a little concerned (not worried, but more like keeping an eye) about our 100m ladies. There is not one dominant person, and this includes the US sprinters too. Jeter and Muna Lee seems to have stepped up their game...........again...it's early season.

You can take you eye off Kerron. Kerron seems to be is on track.She won her last 100m race by 200m LOL

Keep an eye for Shelly Thunder ....oopps Shell Ann Fraser....She has the heart of a lioness and the legs of a cheetah, just the stuff you need to win the Word Championiship. Her greatest enemy is training time, she lost almost 3 weeks of training due to surgery but she ran at the Penn Relays and was willing to at the New York Kingston 22 Gran Prix.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X