No announcement yet.

Is Jamaica An Overrated Sports Giant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing seems to have almost died as a sport too. Remember the dinner boxing events they used to have back in the day?

Dem should start promote Ultimate Fighting in JA. We should be able to do good in dat too!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You may be on to something there Islandman. The Busta Figthers have been performing well internationally. You can add that one too to the list Historian.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

cho, historian... respect said speed... a suh we used to debate back inna de days... having said that, i am not saying that i am right and you are wrong... iz just dat, like mi seh before, there is more to it... you observation of jamaica's underperformance in some instance is somewhat correct... we can do better but that is the nature of sports... teams will rise up (overachieve) whenever they are competing against the 'giants'... what i dont think jamaicans understand is that phenomena...

anyways, since yuh come back wid yuh ball, we can play some more games... blessed love king son...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

yuh a hear mi jangle...

stop it... jah know, mi really appreciate how historian come back tuh de awgiment... mi almost certain dat him cudda come back wid another counter still... him raise some valid points... iz juss dat there is almost always anedda side... mi ongle raise de next side weh him wuz overloking...

no winner, juss some interesting points revealed...

big up historian fi having de courage fi tickle wi consciousness and challenge wi sensibilities...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

No Prob, Boss

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
            cho, historian... respect said speed... a suh we used to debate back inna de days... having said that, i am not saying that i am right and you are wrong... iz just dat, like mi seh before, there is more to it... you observation of jamaica's underperformance in some instance is somewhat correct... we can do better but that is the nature of sports... teams will rise up (overachieve) whenever they are competing against the 'giants'... what i dont think jamaicans understand is that phenomena...

anyways, since yuh come back wid yuh ball, we can play some more games... blessed love king son...
            No problem, Baddaz. Actually, I enjoyed the discussion in this thread.

There are ways that one can do things, and I really respect the way in which you were able to provide strong counter-arguments without causing any form of offence whatsoever. I was also impressed that you actually took the time to do the necessary research to find out the sports ranking.

Have a great weekend, boss !

(The situation with St Kitts, by the way, is that its population is so small that even half of a medal (lol) would place it among the top positions!)

Comment

Working...
            X