Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester United and Ronaldo get a visit from Bolt

Manchester United and Cristiano Ronaldo get a visit from Usain Bolt

Usain Bolt called in at Manchester United’s Carrington training ground to watch Sir Alex Ferguson’s men go through their paces ahead of the visit of Arsenal and to pass on some advice to the Jamaican sprinter’s idol Cristiano Ronaldo.

By Steve Wilson
    Last Updated: 1:35PM BST 15 May 2009

Previous
    of Images
    Next

Group shot: Usain Bolt has his picture taken with the Manchester United squad, or vice versa Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Manage your speed: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson shares a joke with double Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Strike a pose: Usain Bolt shows off his trademark victory celebration while Cristiano Ronaldo tries to join in the fun Photo: GETTY IMAGES

All smiles: Jamaican sprinter and world record holder Usain Bolt and Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney find time for a laugh Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Thumbs up: Usain Bolt and Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo show a mutual respect Photo: GETTY IMAGES

The fastest man on earth cut an unassuming figure as he arrived at reception, eager to see his favourite football team close up and speak with the Portuguese winger.
    Even the traditional Manchester rain could do little to diminish Bolt’s enthusiasm though.

Related Articles

Bolt is in the north-west to compete in a special 150 metre sprint at the Great City Games in Manchester on Sunday.
    Before that he will take a seat in the Old Trafford directors’ box as United go in search of the single point needed to confirm their successful defence of their Premier League title.
    Anything other than defeat to Arsenal will see Sir Alex Ferguson’s side clinch the championship, with the presentation of the trophy due to take place immediately after the final whistle if United have been successful.
    After suffering injuries in a recent traffic accident, the Bolt has been declared fit to compete in this weekend’s event.
    Speaking ahead of his arrival in the UK, the 22-year-old Jamaican said: “I am feeling good and looking forward to racing in Manchester. I am running pain free and hope to be able to get some more training done before the weekend.
    “My biggest worry now is the cold weather – I hope for sunshine in Manchester.”
    Bolt crashed his car recently on the outskirts of Kingston and underwent minor surgery to remove thorns from his foot.
    The triple Olympic gold medallist resumed training last week.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Ronaldo is pretty tall, Bolt has him by only a few inches...unless he was wearing heels in this photo
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

I doubt that picture is telling the true story. The bio I read says he's 6'1"
      Peter R

Comment

Working...
      X