Dwayne Smith-looks ready to step up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwayne Smith-looks ready to step up

I have been watching the IPL from South Africa and been very impressed with Dwayne Smith.He's been smashing the ball to all parts and his bowling and fielding have been superb.I think he should be recalled to the West Indies team for the twenty twenty world cup.

My question Dunny about these players is where has their drive to perform been when they wear the Windies colours?

But yes, you are correct as he has been impressive. Hope that when he changes shirt he maintains what he's been demonstrating in South Africa.
    Peter R

Comment

Just checked statsguru (cricinfo); the last time he represented Windies in any form of cricket was 2007. Lets see what happens now.
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        Just checked statsguru (cricinfo); the last time he represented Windies in any form of cricket was 2007. Lets see what happens now.
        I really think our cricketers mature a bit later than in other countries,because our season is too short and the standard of regional cricket aint good enough.Smith was rushed into international cricket a bit too early and it's the same thing with Xavier Marshall.Unless you are an exeptional talent like say Lara they should allow you to play more first class games prior to selection for the West Indies.Watching Smith play now he looks like he is ready for that step up.

Comment

The BIG question is how long he will have to wait. Most of the commentators have lauded his performances...let's hope the selectors are also watching some IPL.
          Peter R

Comment

Lets hope so

Comment

He is a real yammy.

Nothing but twenty twenty compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                He is a real yammy.

Nothing but twenty twenty compliant.
                Well get him in for the twenty twenty world cup mek him do him ting

Comment

They picked the squad... he's not in it!
                  Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                    They picked the squad... he's not in it!
                    That no surprise me.It just sums up West Indies Cricket.

Comment

Working...
                    X