BTW when was the last time two Jakans hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW when was the last time two Jakans hit

a century each in a test match in the same innings, has it even been done, this is an extraordinary feat, we really do not recognize these phenomenal things when they happen, this is not a commonplace occurence.

Gayle & Nash!
    Yes, indeed!

Last time?
    Must have been long, long ago?

George Headley & Ivan Barrow? Do not know...just wondering?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Nash ?

That is a stretch.. technically a Jamaican.. wheh yuh seh Mo ?

Comment

Interesting question , one that has me searching the record books.

So far Headley and Barrow in 1933 at Old Trafford is the only one I have come up with.

Interestingly enough both were on 99 at the same time and Barrow got his century first, and became the first West Indian to score a test century in England.

I want to believe that there is at least one other occurance of this , but so far I haven't found any.

Certainly a vary rare feat though. Thanks for pointing this out,
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yow Mr Maudib, what is a stretch? the youth play for Jamaica, that means him is Jamaican, his parents born and grow in Jamaica and probably their descendants have been in Jamaica since the 17th century as the Nash line has been around a long time. What more you want than that, I didn't see you questioning Marcus Gayle and them man back in the day, you have to realise that Jamaica is a bigger thing than just the island itself, the seed spread far and wide and if it can contribute to the better of the island and West Indies then excellent.

You have to realise that we are truly in a class by ourselves when it comes to things like these typically all the most 3rd world country players run to the metropole countries if they have a chance even when them born and grow in them origin country, man like Adu and all them French players that come from every conceivable country other than France, yet we have the enviable situation of youths growing up in England. US and now maybe Australia relishing the opportunity to play for the Reggae Boyz.

We must continue to radiate the spokes of our cultural outfluence while holding down the core culture ah yard. So Nash is a Jamaican and hasn't walked into the side, he has had to prove himself and has shown that he is worthy, Australia may probably be thinking that there may be a flaw in their system, especially if this guy goes on and makes anything over 5 test centuries. BTW you know how many Jakans have made more than 5 test centuries, a very surprisingly low number. Headley 10, Gayle 10, Rowe 7, Jimmy Adams 6, Dujon 5 that is it my brethren!!!!
          Last edited by Stonigut; March 22, 2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

stonigut,
            i think maudib is teasing mosiah with his comments.

Comment

Islandman you is a serious breda, i never expect any that any one would truly try and answer that question. You are at another level brethrin, fi real!

Comment

Unuh really tink him serious? If he is well...
                Peter R

Comment

Back in my teens, in the dark ages before the World Wide Web (80s) I used to love researching Test cricket stats. How many centuries Viv had, how many wickets Marshall needed to catch Gibbs, etc.

These days with cricinfo, etc most of the basic stats are easy to get so I hardly do it any more, but this one was a challenge!
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

When last one Jamaican hit a century much less two yardies.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                    X