Bolt confirmed for Toronto Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt confirmed for Toronto Meet

Breaking: Bolt confirmed for Toronto meet!

So Toronto will get Usain Bolt after all. The Jamaican sprint phenom has been confirmed for the Toronto Festival of Excellence, an international meet in Canada on June 11.
    Bolt’s competitions’ agent, Ricky Simms confirmed reports linking Bolt to the meet to be held at the new Varsity Centre.
    “...Usain will run the 100m in the Toronto Festival of Excellence on June 11th,” Simms, head of Middlesex, England-based PACE Sports Management.
    ++++++++++++Advert: REGULAR UPDATES FROM THE JAAA CARIFTA TRIALS WILL BE POSTED ON JAMAICAWIN.COM ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY+++++|
    Bolt, who electrified and entertained with world-record times of 9.69 and 19.30 in the 100 and 200 metres respectively, at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, will run in the city of Toronto for the fist time, possibly infront of a large Jamaican audience.
    The new 5,000-seat Varsity stadium, which organisers said would have to be increased to accommodate the anticipated large turnout, replaced the ancient Varsity Stadium on Toronto's Bloor Street.
    “This is a new meeting and we are very happy to participate and give the many Jamaicans living in Canada the opportunity to see Usain compete,” wrote Simms in his email to journalists.
    Early reports said Bolt's presence would command an appearance fee as high as $250,000.
    Bolt will not be the only Jamaican at the meet, as his Racers Track Club training partners Jermaine Gonzales, Xavier Brown and Mario Forsythe, have also secured lanes.
    Simms said Bolt’s entire international schedule would be announced soon. “We will be announcing the remainder of Usain’s international schedule over the next few weeks,” he added.
    After running a few 400m and relay legs for his local club, Bolt’s first 100-metre event is set for March 14 at the Lucozade Sport/GC Foster College Classics in Spanish Town, Jamaica.

taken from JamiacaWin.com
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

imagine how Bolt can be an ambassador for the sports in the north east.

Will he be at any meet in the NY area this year? See how that sell out.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You are right. Last year when he set the record in NY I was in two minds if I should have gone. It was a friday night and it was raining, plus my journey was well over 2 hours long to get there. I passed on it, and the rest is history.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
      X