My Sincere Apology!! (Michael Frater)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sincere Apology!! (Michael Frater)

I mistakenly posted yesterday that Michael Frater will be moving up to the 400-meter event. Reading the replies here this morning, I immediately began asking myself the question, “Where did I get this information?” I know I’d read it somewhere, but the question was, “Where”?

I spent a great deal of time just now searching all over the Internet, but could find nothing whatsoever. Then guess what (now, this is extremely embarrassing for me)? My source for that “news item” was a prank post on Willi’s track and field site by the biggest clown over there. The question I now have to seriously ask myself is this, “How the hell could I not have remembered that my ‘source’ for that news was an obvious prank post?” Damn it!

You guys have my full permission to laugh at me and make whatever jokes you like! I certainly deserve it this time!

Here is the silly, unnecessary nonsense post from Willi’s forum:

Enigma
    Breaking news...Frater moves up to the quarter.
    Tue Jan 27, 2009 17:51

Jamaican sprint sensation Michael Frater yesterday told the Observer in an exclusive interview that he is ready to step up to the quarter and cause quite a stir.
    Frater who is famous for changing three gears in two strides on the backstretch of relays shall be sorely missed.
    I asked him if there is any chance that he can reconsider this decision and he firmly replied NO!
    Before walking out of the Observer's main office in Kingston, Frater turned around slowly, pointed his finger in my face and said in a low growl, "Tell that one Pookie and Labrawn Sperritt that I am coming to take over".
    He then just vanished into thin air.

OK, since no one wants to cuss you out, I will........@#$@$%% eediat!!!!! Anyway, you are forgiven.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yuh want a job at the Observer or Gleaner? Yuh woulda fit in well

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        That is not cool BT. What do you mean, "ketch it and run wid it journalism" with no verification at all.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Lmao!

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          Originally posted by Tilla
          That is not cool BT. What do you mean, "ketch it and run wid it journalism" with no verification at all.
          (LMAO) Gentlemen, you are really funny , and you have both provided me with the first genuine laugh I’ve had so far on this quiet Sunday! Seriously, though, these statements serve as recognition of the sad state of affairs at our daily newspapers as far as information gathering is concerned.

Originally posted by Jangle
          OK, since no one wants to cuss you out, I will........@#$@$%% eediat!!!!! Anyway, you are forgiven.
          (LOL) Jangle, I have no idea how on earth my memory could have lapsed so badly as to forget that the information was posted on the Internet in jest. I knew at the time that it was a joke, but yesterday for some reason I forgot that that post was my source, and not some newspaper report.

Hopefully, it’s not an indication I’m not losing my mind (LOL)!

Comment

All right Historian , I am going to have to watch out for your revisionist take on things. Just fun, it happens to the best of us!!

Comment

LOL!
              Any serious track fan who saw this would dismiss it immediately- Frater cant beat anyone in the 400m, well not any of the second or third rated 400m runners anyways.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                (LMAO)

Hopefully, it’s not an indication I’m not losing my mind (LOL)!
                All is forgiven Historian...

...but... why do you think you are losing your mind...and why would you make it appear you want to!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X