RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next Tiger Woods right here in Jamaica?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next Tiger Woods right here in Jamaica?!?

Said that just to pi ss you off, Sickko!

Campbell sets record

Published: Thursday | February 26, 2009

A new course record was set at the well-supported Jamaica College (JC) Foundation Golf Classic on Saturday, at the Constant Spring Golf Club.
    Fabian Campbell of Cassava Piece emerged the champion with a score of 61, three stokes clear of the old course record of 64. For his outstanding efforts, the 22-year-old won a beautiful crystal trophy and a four-night stay for two at the luxurious Tryall Club in Montego Bay, St James.
    Day's top prizes
    The day's other top prizes for hole-in-one shots, of a BMW X5 at Hole No.15 and a Honda CR-V at Hole No. 2, went unclaimed.
    The well-organised tournament attracted 105 entrants, with proceeds going toward the construction of a new auditorium.
    Jamaica College Foundation chairman, R. Danny Williams, said they were grateful for the efforts of all involved, which would greatly benefit current and future students. "The proceeds from this effort will go towards the building of the auditorium, which is badly needed for the students

of Jamaica College. We expect to break ground before the middle of the year and to complete construction within 12 months. Efforts such as this will certainly help us to achieve our objectives and we are extremely grateful for your support."

BLACK LIVES MATTER

LOL!

Whats worst than been pi55ed off...being pi55ed on, well for some people anyways...but anyways there is this 13 year-old kid from Mandeville who has been doing very well for himself on the course, he even played in the Jamaica Open at Half Moon in October and did not finsih last in the field either.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

A potential 'Tiger Woods' is actually here in Jamaica.. based on his ability and age.. he was observed by a coach from the Tiger Woods camp and the report was he is probably the best golfer in his age group in the World..

Comment

Constant Spring is not a difficult golf course, if you keep your tee shot in the fairway. The par 4's and par 5's are short. If a tournament - calibre player hits the fairway with his tee shot, he has a good chance of setting up a chance for birdie. The mad bombers might opt for a 3-wood to keep the tee shot in the fairway.

However, Constant Spring has five tough par 3's.

One one trip, I hacked up the front nine, and shot 33 on the back nine.

Comment

Cassava Piece!!! That is truly great news, to shoot 61 on that course and the record is 64 is no easy feat at all, that course has been around since 1921 so it is a stupendous feat and for a man from Cassava Piece to do it is truly remarkable!!

BTW I don't if you guys caught it but Bruce just proclaimed himself to be one hell of a golfer, he shot a 33 on the back 9, which means he has the potential to shoot in the 60's on this course which had a course record of 64. All right Bruce we have noted that.

Comment

....And Then......

and then I got old, fat, and couldn't play as much golf as I used to. This year I haven't played much due to problems with my back and wrist.

At Constant Spring, all it takes is to keep your tee shot in the fairway, you should be able to hit the green, and make a few putts.

The back 9 at Constant Spring, I was dropping putts from all over.

Comment

I hear that, well you can definitely frame that back 9 performance in the gallery of your mind, my best 9 ever was at some tired course in Dallas, 41 on the front nine, but blew up to 50 on the back nine, of course on C-Spring I would be horrible as on the north side those fairways are narrow and if you lose it you really cannot find it.

I hit it long but have little control and putting is even worse got the shaky shaky going sometimes I try to do a reverse grip that helps, I have hit it on the green some 350 yards (very rare) then still made a bogey with a 4 putt, yeah that bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Said that just to pi ss you off, Sickko!

Campbell sets record

Published: Thursday | February 26, 2009

A new course record was set at the well-supported Jamaica College (JC) Foundation Golf Classic on Saturday, at the Constant Spring Golf Club.
                Fabian Campbell of Cassava Piece emerged the champion with a score of 61, three stokes clear of the old course record of 64. For his outstanding efforts, the 22-year-old won a beautiful crystal trophy and a four-night stay for two at the luxurious Tryall Club in Montego Bay, St James.
                Day's top prizes
                The day's other top prizes for hole-in-one shots, of a BMW X5 at Hole No.15 and a Honda CR-V at Hole No. 2, went unclaimed.
                The well-organised tournament attracted 105 entrants, with proceeds going toward the construction of a new auditorium.
                Jamaica College Foundation chairman, R. Danny Williams, said they were grateful for the efforts of all involved, which would greatly benefit current and future students. "The proceeds from this effort will go towards the building of the auditorium, which is badly needed for the students

of Jamaica College. We expect to break ground before the middle of the year and to complete construction within 12 months. Efforts such as this will certainly help us to achieve our objectives and we are extremely grateful for your support."
                Congrats to the young man!

btw -What is wrong with these dummies? Tryall is in Hanover! ...miles from the St. James border on the Great River! It crtainly would be more accurate to state Tryall is in Hopewell, Hanover.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True dat. Dat's bad! If is some American publication I could understand, but not our own Gleaner!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This has been going on for years now...every time Tryall hosts a big event, it is described as being in Montego Bay.
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Yes, I can understand the foreign press promoting it as such. I mean, where the hell is Tryall, or Hopewell? South coast? OUtside of Kingston? Near Negril? But we have no business copying such a practice.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X