RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sabina 1 of the most distinctive grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sabina 1 of the most distinctive grounds?

With the completion of the new stands even though it blocks the view of the Blue Mountains, there is still an imposing view of Mountains to the east with a swath of Long Mountain emerging from the new stand and along South Camp Rd side. I have not been in the new stand to the north but I would have to imagine there is a nice view to the harbour/Palisadoes to the south.

The distinction in the of being one of the fastest pitches also makes it very distinctive as well as the intimate size of the ground which has led to I believe the first 300 test innings ever and the most distinctive 300 + innings in test cricket from Sobers 365 NO. Also I believe the first cricketer in his maiden test to make a double century and century as well as it being on his home ground.

The imposing Holy Trinity church also close by adds another touch of distinctiveness, as does the massive areas of poverty in close proximity contrasted by the opulence on the north western end of Long Mountain.

I haven't been to a lot of test grounds, just the Oval, Lords and Kensington and seen lots on TV but my vote goes to Sabina Park, but maybe I am just biased!!

Heheh,

You figget the distinguished next door neighbour...StGC!
    LoL

Comment

figget why di ground name in cape town...dat one is impressive too ... tabletop mountains in the background is majestic...it would give blue mountains a run for the money.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

One of the grounds that Windies played on recently in New Zealand has a picturesque setting too. It's either Dunedin or Napier;high mountains on one side.
        Peter R

Comment

newlands

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
          X