RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket is back!!!!!!! WI crush the Redcoats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket is back!!!!!!! WI crush the Redcoats!

I been watching this team since Gayle got the captaincy and it is definitely looking like we may be turning a corner here, the batting is getting better and I believe the addition of Nash in the middle is giving a "Gomes like" effect in the order.

I don't really have a good feel about the bowling at all seems a little better than pedestrian, now if we can get some real bowlers, look out world domination next!

Really nothing sweeter than beating the drum out of England and Australia, later for the latter, (except of course making it to the Copa De Mundial).

We have been getting better and better over the past year. The fielding has improved greatly (still has some way to go). With Benn bowling like he did, there is no release of pressure when Edwards/Taylor is gone.

Nash is a vital piece. Having someone in the middle order that occupies the crease apart from Shiv is very good.

Fans will simply have to understand that this team has decent players but is not going to dominate like teams of the past. We will win some and lose some. As long as they play good cricket and improve, which has been the case over the last few series, I will be satisfied.
    Last edited by Me; February 7, 2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I fully agree we probably will never dominate like we did back in the Lloyd era, I like what you say about what will meet your needs, I am even simpler than that, I just want to see a little teeth gritting and fight every time out, not whatI have been seeing in the Lara era, no fight, just wimpy playing especially on the batting side of things.

I tell you what I really haven't seen a lot of Chris Gayle but the youth is just cool and under control, after the win, the man calm and collected in the interview, the man exudes cool! I hope he develops like LLoyd with the batting, he gets better and bats better for the team as the skipper!

Comment

you all are right about nash...his graft is a key companent PLUS he is a good fielder and he has the "aussie" (used to e windies but will be again) mentality.

nash' contribution is very sublime but is a lynchpin.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It's going to take more than a single win against England to bring me back into the WI cricket fold. I have been disappointed too many times to forgive them so easily
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

as you wis boss but those of us like me who are die hearted thru and thru will savour this more than enough for you suh nuh feel nuh way still....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

being a WI supporter is like being in a relationship where the woman is constantly cheating on you......with your knowledge.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

yup! but when shi lay it on yuh...yuh big toe curl up.....

Comment

LOL!!! Love the analogies.

With all the roundabout corners we have turned in the last 10 years, this time it does seem a little different though......I think.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    LOL!!! Love the analogies.

With all the roundabout corners we have turned in the last 10 years, this time it does seem a little different though......I think.
                    Yuh seit?
                    ...curl yuh toe fi tru...
                    ...but how yuh fi trus har?
                    Last edited by Karl; February 7, 2009, 07:43 PM.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

is ALL about the toe curl karl....

Comment

Hope this WI team will keep the toes curlin!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

BDL you wicked to ##@@!!

Comment

Some of us are kinky...and don't mind watching while she with another...makes it all the better when she returns to the matrimonial bed!

Actually, seeing the Windies get mauled time and again is not a happy state of affairs (so to speak)...so today's victory was very very sweet... first because it IS A VICTORY, and second because it happened at Sabina, starved of victory for a the last few years

Congrats go out to the ENTIRE team (but Mo don't be surprised if yuh yute get drop fi a Trini) for an excellent performance.
                            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                              Some of us are kinky...and don't mind watching while she with another...makes it all the better when she returns to the matrimonial bed!

Actually, seeing the Windies get mauled time and again is not a happy state of affairs (so to speak)...so today's victory was very very sweet... first because it IS A VICTORY, and second because it happened at Sabina, starved of victory for a the last few years

Congrats go out to the ENTIRE team (but Mo don't be surprised if yuh yute get drop fi a Trini) for an excellent performance.
                              I am with you on this!
                              May we go from strength to strength.

In England's second innings: Was our bowling that good...or...????

Comment

Working...
                              X