RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

damn... marshall just cant make a breakthrough...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn... marshall just cant make a breakthrough...

i feel bad for marshall... he must be under so much pressure... he is going to have to come up with a decent second innings to really stay in this west indies side... well, maybe not but he is on a slippery slope now...

big up to chris gayle... nice disciplined inning... lol, i knew he couln't contain himself for much longer, but i think that a bat of his calibre should exercise discipline, consistently hold his wicket and make runs... love his maturity at the crease...

as to sarwan, he is really coming into his own... great going... makes me wonder what could have happened if these wi batsmen were all performing together over the years... west indies would be ranked close to the top...

need marshall to step up though... too much potential... hope they stick with him... hell if they can stick with ramdin, they should stick with marshall...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

What is the score?

Comment

I hope the WI selectors leave Marshall in the team, he is just going through a bad patch. WI need to be patient as he is too talented to just discard and replace with a player of lesser ability.

I remember Sarwan in his younger days making 4 or 5 consecutive ducks on a tour of Australia, he looked like he didnt belong. But, we are talking about WI cricket, the most inept organization in professional sport.
      Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
      Mitty

Comment

238/4
        Gayle...104
        Sarwan...107
        Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
        Mitty

Comment

talent can't justify keeping Marshall in the team. If you don't produce, you don't produce.

Comment

me, like mitty seh, the wi selectors should leave him to come through this bad patch... if dem can leave ramdin, dem can leave marshall... he is too talented to discard...

Comment

If he is not producing he should be dropped. If he produces he can stay. There are other "talented" batsmen from other countries. You think they don't feel that their "potential" player should be given a run also. If he produces in the coming innings/matches he can stay in the 11, if not, he can sit down and watch. If him never come from Jamaica, half the forum would be calling for him to be dropped.

Ramdin is a wicketkeeper who delivers the goods behind the wicket. The number 2, is a horrible wicketkeeper. Not to mention the brain farts he has had at the crease when given a chance.

Comment

me... marshall has been replaced...

West Indies call on Simmons and Hinds
                Cricinfo staff
                February 8, 2009

Lendl Simmons earned a spot in the squad for the second Test thanks to his domination of England in the warm-up match © Getty Images

Despite the innings-and-23-run victory at Sabina Park the West Indies selectors have made three changes to the squad for the second Test against England at North Sound in Antigua. The allrounder Ryan Hinds has been recalled and Lendl Simmons, who hit 282 against England for West Indies A in St Kitts, has replaced Xavier Marshall. The injured Dale Richards has been left out.
                Hinds replaces Amit Jaggernauth, the offspinner, and has been in outstanding domestic form this season. He currently tops the four-day averages with 585 runs at 83.57 including a career-best 240 for Barbados against Leeward Islands. His runs are supplemented by 18 wickets at 18.66 with his left-arm spin.
                Marshall has paid for his second-ball duck in the first Test which continued his poor form after a lean tour of New Zealand. Before the game Chris Gayle said Marshall was under pressure, but had the backing of the team. That support has lasted one match and it means there will be at least one change to a winning unit.
                Simmons, who has eight ODI caps and is the nephew of former Test opener Phil Simmons, has been propelled into the Test squad after his marathon effort in England's second warm-up match where he batted for the best part of five sessions. Either he or Hinds could replace Marshall in the batting line-up.
                Whereas Simmons could come in as a straight swap at No. 4, Hinds' inclusion would probably mean a shift in the batting order with him slotting in at No. 6. In that case, Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Brendan Nash would move up one place each.
                Richards, who was set for his debut at the age of 32, was ruled out of the opening Test after injuring his foot playing against the Leeward Islands. He is out of action for three weeks but could be back in contention for the third Test on his home ground in Barbados.
                West Indies squad Chris Gayle (capt), Devon Smith, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Lendl Simmons, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Brendan Nash, Ryan Hinds, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Jerome Taylor, Sulieman Benn, Daren Powell, Fidel Edwards, Lionel Baker.
                © Cricinfo
                //Variables decalred to populate the Site Section2, Site Section3, Columnist ID(Author) and Story Id//These vaiables used in omniture tracking code var omniSiteSection2 = "News"; //Site Section2var omniStoryId = "389831"; //Story IDvar omniAuthId = "Cricinfo staff"; //Author id

Comment

You guys who are in Marshall's corner are arguing with your emotions....he is definitely talented but with other youngsters striving to get in the team it is probably not a bad thing if Marshall returns to domestic cricket to try and find his form and confidence. Then take it from there.
                  Peter R

Comment

That is exactly what I am saying. One man averaging 80 in domestic cricket and the next one belt a double century. Yet we must tell them that " boy unuh can't get in the team because we have to wait on Xman's talent"

Don't quite understand it.

Comment

Working...
                    X