X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New World Record? - Bolt raring to go in Zurich

Bolt raring to go in Zurich
    published: Thursday | August 28, 2008

Usain Bolt, triple gold medal winner at the Beijing Games, gestures during a news conference ahead of the Golden League track and field meet 'Weltklasse Zurich' in Zurich, Switzerland, yesterday. The meeting will take place tomorrow. - AP

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP:
    AFTER ALL the Olympic hoopla, Usain Bolt said yesterday he just wants to get back to his day job. Running fast.

"Track and field is my job. This is what I do, I work," Bolt told reporters in Zurich, where he races for the first time since Beijing in the 100 metres tomorrow.

"Right now I'm just trying to get my blood pumping pretty much. I've been doing a little bit of training and just looking forward to the meeting," Bolt said.
    The new Olympic champion and world record holder at 100 and 200 metres landed in Switzerland on Monday, direct from China for the first of three European meets before he can head back to an inevitable hero's welcome in Jamaica.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Nuh bada with dat - Let Powell bruck it first -$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    published: Thursday | August 28, 2008

Usain Bolt, triple gold medal winner at the Beijing Games, gestures during a news conference ahead of the Golden League track and field meet 'Weltklasse Zurich' in Zurich, Switzerland, yesterday. The meeting will take place tomorrow. - AP

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP:
    AFTER ALL the Olympic hoopla, Usain Bolt said yesterday he just wants to get back to his day job. Running fast.

"Track and field is my job. This is what I do, I work," Bolt told reporters in Zurich, where he races for the first time since Beijing in the 100 metres tomorrow.

"Right now I'm just trying to get my blood pumping pretty much. I've been doing a little bit of training and just looking forward to the meeting," Bolt said.
    The new Olympic champion and world record holder at 100 and 200 metres landed in Switzerland on Monday, direct from China for the first of three European meets before he can head back to an inevitable hero's welcome in Jamaica.

Let Powell bruck the record first and then ask for a best of three races between Powell and Bolt. More $$$ that way. This is job not a hobby
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Britain star backs Bolt to set long-standing World records

Britain star backs Bolt to set long-standing World records
      Friday, August 29, 2008

MIAMI, USA (CMC) - British sprinter Christian Malcolm, one of the chasers in the momentous men's 200 metres World-record race at the Beijing Olympics a week ago, is backing Jamaican sensation Usain Bolt to go faster in the near future.

Complete Story ...

9.40 100M?

Under 19.00 200M?

Bolt sure has burnt himself on many of his competitors brains! (emoticon fi awe, yah-suh!)
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Bolt was on track to run 9.52 seconds, says Mills

Friday, August 29, 2008

ZURICH, Switzerland (CMC) - Usain Bolt's coach Glen Mills believes the Jamaican sprint marvel was on track to run 9.52 seconds in the 100 metres at the Beijing Olympics, had he not eased up to celebrate at the finish.

Complete Story ...

Comment

Him can say anyting. Mout mek fi talk.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Him can say anyting. Mout mek fi talk.
            I have looked at his races and it is surprising that it was in the 4 x 100M relay that his 'execution' was best. Purely from 'running style' the man looked awful....the head jerking from side to side...the exaggerated upper shoulder movement, upper body swaying from side to side, etc...suggest that with work on the technical aspect he can run MUCH faster!

Mind bloggling!

Comment

karl...he was TIYAD!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mine you start up Maulib again

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                karl...he was TIYAD!!!!
                True - The youth was TIYAD but him still run fast like lightening.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  karl...he was TIYAD!!!!
                  TiYAD in the 100M, TIYAD in the 200M and ran 9.69 and 19.30 respectively?

Damn?
                  8.9 and 17.00 change when he is not tired and gives it his all? Serious damage on the cards!

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                    True - The youth was TIYAD but him still run fast like lightening.
                    dat Maudib?

Comment

YES!!!! tiyad!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                      X