Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double delight in Half-Way-Tree

Double delight in Half-Way-Tree

Jamaicans celebrate in Half-Way-Tree yesterday after their countryman, Usain Bolt, won the 200-metre in a world record run at the 29th Olympiad in Beijing, China. (Photos: Joseph Wellington)

TRAFFIC lights on green went unnoticed as motorists came to a standstill. Crossing pedestrians stopped in the middle of the street. Hundreds on the sidewalk stood transfixed, all eyes locked to the video board. Olympic history was about to be made and Half-Way-Tree was about to erupt.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

It's so good to be a JLIJ right now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

OK, OK, we get it! Lawd!

Meantime mek me see if me an find a new internet link cause the NBC Babylon dem raid the last one and shut it down.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

just sayin' doh!

i hated being in ny when we qualified for the world cup. i left my home in long island and drove to brooklyn expecting to see some kind of celebration. just a fellow yardie with a tassel hanging from his rearview mirror tooted his horn when we were at a stoplight. it was like, yay!

it's always better celebrating on the rock!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No question! Cannot be replicated anywhere else.

And again we are forced to ask ourselves, if only........
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

did you wear your goal chapparita?
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I think thats three strikes against you HL.

Look out!

LOL! Funny though, i must say.

Comment

"make hay while the sun shines"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

wallet and all!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X