RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Soon before Bolt becomes greater than Quarrie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Me View Post
    Merlene who?

Bog up Merlene and her greatness everytime, but any man who demolish world record in the fashion Bolt has is the greatest ever, even if is one Olympics him do it in.

Usain Bolt is the greatest ever.
    Call him MIDAS.

Everything he touches turns to GOLD.

Comment

We can agree to disagree. I think he needs a few years of dominance.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        We can agree to disagree. I think he needs a few years of dominance.
        You have been visited by a singular GREATNESS and you dont seem to realize it.

You will never see the likes of this again!

Comment

I am sure you are right about never seeing this again. Once in a lifetime kind of talent. I guess we just have different way of determining our G.O.A.Ts , thats all.

I am no golf expert but I didn't think Tiger was the greatest ever after winning the Masters by margins like nobody had ever done before and is likely to do again. Just too early in his career at the time to say that. He has done way more than enough since to be considered such.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Did golf experts think so?

Even Franno seems to be saying that Bolt is special, likening him to Einstein, Newton and some other indisputable once-in-a-lifetime individuals.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Think what, that he was the GOAT from that time?

Don't really follow golf enough, but I remember the commentators saying things like "the best pure player we have seen" which I saw as threading that line between "best ever" and "greatest ever" which I think are two different things.

BTW, even Franno, whats that supposed to mean?

Comment

Let it mean whatever you want it to mean.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What more does he need to do? Once Tiger holds the record for golf and most of the courses he plays on and also won a few big tournaments, he is the greatest.

Once Bolt demolishes the World Records and wins the big medals, he is the greatest. I don't see how a man who demolished previous times, steroids run and not, can't be considered the greatest.

Comment

Tiger is already the greatest, and so is Bolt. Hell, he said that himself!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am not sure if this is for me because its not following my thread, but I'll respond anyway with my last post on this.

For me, the greatest of all time is more than being the best ever at a specific point in time. It is coming back and winning again even after the initial fame and fortune. It is still winning on the day when you are not at your best or your preparation didn't go as well as planned. It is bringing your team back to victory from the jaws of defeat , in T&F that would be probably with a devastating relay leg. Things like that which only happen over a career in sports.

Bolt is more than capable of doing all of these and I expect that he will do that and even more.He just hasn't had the time or opportunity to do it yet.

Hope that explains it from my perspective. I fully understand that not everybody defines greatest of all time this way.

Comment

Perfectly understood and accepted.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                        X