I am worried about Powell in the 4 x 1 m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am worried about Powell in the 4 x 1 m

Just about everyone on the forum saying that Powell problem is that he can just cannot deal with the big races. If that is true then we cannot trust him to anchor the 4 x 100m. We have to view him as the worst of the four runners. My athletic coach friend told me sometime ago the the worst runner should run the 2nd leg. Looks like that where we need to put Mr stage freight Powell.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

crap
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Once the pressure is off of him alone as it would be in the 4x100 he will outrun anybody.

Having said that, I've heard the opposite said about the second leg...the best runner should run it as the baton is in that runner's hands the longest.
      Peter R

Comment

The second leg is indeed the longest and for a while I saw a lot of teams put thier fastest runner on the second leg.

But it really depends on the resources you are working with and how much time you had to practice. For example, do you have a great curve runner like Quarrie, well maybe he should run the 3rd leg; do you have an explosive starter, then they should run the first leg; does your fastest runner need to rest the initial rounds after running the flat races, , then play safe and keep them on the anchor in the finals so they don't upset the flow too much . Also have the members of the team run together in a certain order often (Santa Monica club with Carl Lewis, Burrell, etc) , then keep them in that order where possible.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

So what would be your order?

I would probably have Bolt leg 3 and Asafa anchor. 1 and 2 up for grabs.
          Peter R

Comment

I feel like I would want Bolt to anchor, mainly because he will be rested for the prelim rounds and will be easiest to slot in at the end and also because I feel he can and will run down anything in front of him in case we have a bad pass.

On Willis T&F site though they are saying he reports from the camp are that it will be XXX-Frater-Bolt-Powell. I am sure they would have good reasons for doing it that way so I won't second-guess.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Nesta to Frater to Bolt to Asafa.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Nesta to Frater to Bolt to Asafa.
                = Gold
                Peter R

Comment

go to the front of the class!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

bolt should run the 200 curve...i.e. the third leg and powell should anchor...i am comfortable with frater on leg 2

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Carter will give a good start, Frater will surprise everyone on the second leg and once him hand it to Bolt the race done.

Comment

True. Asafa can tighten all him want!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Imagine we deh yah a worry bout Asafa after Willi give the forum a pre Olympic guarantee seh Asafa ready and racing to instruction.

Comment

Man ... Asafa friad a the finishing tape. Mek him run an earlier leg, therefore if him panic, Bolt will simply run down who fi get run down.
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Maybe we need fi start put one half naked woman a di finish line inna Asafa lane.

Comment

Working...
                              X