Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Campbell Brown will NOT

run the 100m at the olympics.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Best Decision!

Personally, although like most people I would most definitely feel comfortable with Veronica representing us in the 100-meter dash, since she did not place in the top three at Jamaica’s qualifiers, then this latest news is the best news. Certainly Jamaican athletes are headline grabbers, particularly at this stage in our history, and the last thing we want is a repetition of Sydney!

The advantage for Veronica is obvious: She can now focus solely on the 200-meter race, and she is going to need those fresh legs to deal with Allyson Felix! And two gold medals are still possible for Veronica, as she will be a part of the highly favoured 4x100-meter team.

The other three girls are not lightweights. In fact, I would not be surprised at all if Kerron Stewart won the gold medal on Saturday! Also, if Sherone gets back to her 2006 form, then it is not impossible for a Jamaica 1-2 in the finals! My God, I would probably faint with joy! Can you guys picture in your minds Jamaica crossing an Olympic Games 100-meter finish line in a 1-2 formation?!

Shelly Ann Fraser has to be the dark horse of the USA-Jamaica six, and she may very well surprise us!

On the US side, my main fear is the ever-dangerous Lauryn Williams, which is one of the reasons why I’m sorry Veronica isn’t representing us in the 100-meter.

Looking at Muna Lee, although she placed last in the finals of the 200-meter at the Athens Olympic Games, she is nevertheless primarily a 200-meter runner. despite winning the 100 at the US trials, I would be extremely surprised if Muna won a gold. In the case of Torri Edwards, she is clearly the most inconsistent of the US trio.

This is one of the weaker US 100-meter trio in recent times.

Comment

Working...
    X