X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whyte could spring another surprise

Whyte could spring another surprise

by Raymond Graham, Freelance Writer

Rosemarie Whyte and her coach Maurice Wilson relaxing after a recent training session at GC Foster College. The two are now in Tianjin, China preparing for the start of the Beijing Olympics. - Contributed

ONE of the biggest perfor-mances at the 2008 National Track and Field Championship came from former Holmwood Technical athlete, Rosemarie Whyte.

She created a major upset by defeating a strong field to win the women's 400 metres final in a career best 50.05 seconds. The win earned her a place on Jamaica's team to the Beijing Olympics.

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/...s/sports2.html
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Karl,

i would love to see her spring a massive surprise, she is ripe for continued improvement right about now!! Nothing would sweet me more than to see the once Jakan now Yank (All American girl) whe she name (braggadocious bout har NY Giants boyfriend) run in the dust of White or you know what anybody else. Sorry fi di outburst of non love but I cannot stand to see dat girl a boots up everything non-Jakan.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      Karl,

Nothing would sweet me more than to see the once Jakan now Yank (All American girl) whe she name (braggadocious bout har NY Giants boyfriend) run in the dust of White or you know what anybody else. Sorry fi di outburst of non love but I cannot stand to see dat girl a boots up everything non-Jakan.
      Although you directed your comments at Karl, I'm not going to let that pass without saying anything, Stonigut!!

There is an estimated more than one million Jamaicans living in the USA, many of whom have changed their citizenship. In Sanya Richards' case (unlike many of her fellow Jamaicans in the USA), that decision was made for her by one parent in particular. Sanya was a youngster at the time.

I already dealt with this in detail about two months ago on Willi's track and field forum, where hatred (or what you refer to as "non love") similar to what you're revealing here now was demonstrated, so I won't rehash the history of Sanya and the sincere love that she has for her country of birth!

But I will tell you this, I am prepared to answer every attack on Sanya made on this forum! There is a thing called fairness and objectivity, and it hurts me to the core to see how she is treated by some of her own people, including the recent booing at the Reebok meet in New York.

Yes, Sanya is representing the USA, a decision that was not made by her, and we need to move on now! Of course I would prefer to see Rosemarie Whyte or Novlene Williams or Shericka Williams win the 400-meter race. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean that I am going to cheer if Sanya fails to win a gold medal.

By the way, what does her love (or infatuation or whatever) with her "NY Giants boyfriend" have to do with anything? Surely that part of her life is not our concern!!

Comment

"I am very confident that I can get her back to peak again at the Games and once she reaches the final, she could pull off another big surprise," he concluded.

I am here wondering if he was given the accreditation to work with his athlete while in camp.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Apologies Historian, I am coming at this from just a gut feel, no definitive knowledge on Ms Sanya, just viewing what is being spewed at us from her press conferences and the vibe that I was getting, the boyfriend thing is none of my biz but when it is pushed forward like this and she gushing bout this youth, it personally make me feel very uneasy (trying hard to be diplomatic here), i know is not right but is just suh, is a pure gut reation. I am entitled to one or two of those every year!

Comment

her parents chose for her to represent the us? mi nuh sure 'bout that! as an adult she remained eligible to represent jamaica. her choice that.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I wish you would have more!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X