• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Woods' Niece Gets Golf Scholarship

Cheyenne Woods, Tiger's Niece, Gets Golf Scholarship to Wake Forest

Posted Jul 8th 2008 6:34PM by Michael David Smith
    Filed under: Golf, Featured Stories

Recruiting in NCAA women's golf hasn't quite reached the point where it drives the kind of frenzied message board speculation that football and basketball recruiting produce. But the women's golf team at Wake Forest has landed a big-name recruit who will have lots of golf fans talking.

The recruit is Cheyenne Woods, the daughter of Tiger Woods' half brother Earl Woods Jr. She's a two-time Arizona state high school champion, and she picked up golf from the same person who taught Tiger to play: The late Earl Woods Sr., Tiger's dad and Cheyenne's grandfather.

Cheyenne doesn't spend a lot of time with Tiger, but he has given her tips, and she says she knows that as her own golf career progresses, she'll be asked about him more often.
    The Charlotte Observer reports:
    "When I first started playing, my relationship was no big deal because everyone around home knew about it," she said. "But when I started going to national tournaments, I was answering a lot of questions. ...
    "Golf is at the center of my world," she said. "But I don't want it

Bruce's note: Wake Forest is the alma mater of golf legends Arnold Palmer and Lanny Wadkins, among others.

She is wha now 16? Two more years before mi can be Tiger brother-in-law

Comment

elope to mississippi....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Den...how she look like chiney suh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X