mi know unnuh discuss it arready BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup.....it was not always hard court you know

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes, I do know. Just forgot that Edberg was that old. Little known fact, Wilander is the only player to win on both surfaces, grass and hardcourt, at the Australian.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh don't want to test me on tennis. Trust mi when I tell you that. For a minute, I forgot that he played at the same time as Wilander, even though Wilander was a few years ahead.

"use to follow tennis" - HA!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Semifinals in the Jamaica National U-21s? That seems like a career to me. Took none other than Peter Campbell to take me out.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

nope...edberg did too ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I will have Me confirm.

Seriously, I don't believe Edberg won the title when the championships moved to Melbourne Park. He may have been in the final, but I don't think he won.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No, Edberg only won on grass. 85 and 87. Courts changed in 88.

Lendl and Courier beat him in the Finals when they changed the courts.

Comment

yuh right. sorry...mah bad....

Comment

Hence my slip a moment ago. I thought Edberg only played on the hardcourts. I think he got big just when they changed it from the grass. Imagine how many more he may have won had they given him a few more years!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      if federer is the greatest of all time, what does that make nadal? consider this, nadal beat federer on his favourite surface, it was tight yes but he did it and annhilate federer on his.....

mi have more big ups for the man whey can win on all surfaces.....as great as lendl is him neva win wimbledon, as great as sampras was him coulden win french...johnny mac never won french or aussie...

...and Venus has never won the French or the Aussie?
                      ..but there is never an argument on whether or not they were all great!
                      Go, Venus!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The whole ah unno can chat, but McEnroe was the greatest volleyer the world ever see!

Them there magic hard have no compaarator.

The biggest choke I ever saw in Tennis was the 1984 loss to lendl in the French Open Finals.
                        2 sets up and 4-0 in the 3rd. All now mi nuh understand how him lose that. i did vex so till.

Comment

If only one could volley one's way to the French Open title!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A favourite player of mine was Yannick Noah...he won only one Slam, the French Open, but he was one of the first players I saw who would return a lob through the legs. I believe he has a son in the NBA now?

pr
                            Peter R

Comment

4 love Mo, 4 love in the third set.

Please explain just HOW him lose that???

Comment

Big time singer too. He opened the Euro 2008 celebrations here with a free concert in the rain in Geneva.

Apaparently he has a popular song that my wife sez that our 6 year old sings. Dunno what it is.

As for tennis. Mi caaaant rate Missa pop up valloey. Lendl used to nyam him for lunch. Never give lendl a 2nd chance when you at the Net. Suicide.

Comment

Working...
                                X