Tyson Gay consistent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Gay consistent

Gay's two recent fast dashes 9.68 and 9.77 when adjusted for wind and altitude both equate to 9.85.... the guy is very consistent and a real contender for gold in Beijing.

Adjusted For Wind/Altitude, Gay's 9.77 Is =No 13 All-Time

Although Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell are the only 100-meter sprinters who have run faster than Tyson Gay's 9.77 clocking in the Olympic Trials semi yesterday, Gay's time, while clearly phenomenal, doesn't rate quite as highly once wind and altitude are taken into account.

In adjusted terms, Gay's USATF and World Championship title runs in '07 remain his two best dashes ever.

With the 1.6mps aiding wind factored in, Gay's 9.77 equates to a zero-wind/sea-level 9.85. That's =No. 13 on the men's wind/altitude-adjusted list based on the Linthorne-Dapena tables found in T&FN's Big Gold Book.

Gay finds himself tied in that spot with runs by Ato Boldon, Bruny Surin, Maurice Greene (3 times), Powell and WR holder Bolt.

Click HERE for the latest men's wind/altitude-adjusted 100 compilation provided by stat maven Charley Shaffer.

http://trackandfieldnews.com/display...e.php?id=22511

Copyright© 2008, Track & Field News
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

He really is and not to be underrated.

If our two-pronged sprint attack can't win the gold between them, then I DON"T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT NO WORLD RECORD TWO WEEKS AFTER THE OLYMPICS!!!!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      He really is and not to be underrated.

If our two-pronged sprint attack can't win the gold between them, then I DON"T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT NO WORLD RECORD TWO WEEKS AFTER THE OLYMPICS!!!!
      I welcome world records by our champions any day of the week and any time of year.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

World records are fine, but they are temporary. Championships mean a lot more to me, especially when it is clear the talent is there to win them.

I love Merlene and she definately got cheated many times, but it used to frustrate me to no end when she would run her 21.6x and 21.7x times at the end of a Olympic and World Championship year.

Both Asafa and Bolt can produce sub 9.85 times in the final, AT LEAST!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Times depends on the conditions.

I want both golds and WRs.

Comment

Suppose you had to choose, which one would you pick?

Comment

Never have to choose!

Comment

Working...
              X