What is wrong with this report???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with this report???

I read through the entire article and had to assume which sports the writer ia writing about. Let me know if it is just me...

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...S_OUT_WEST.asp
    Hoopers, Hawks to resume winning ways out west

PAUL A REID, Observer writer
    Friday, June 27, 2008

MONTEGO BAY, St James - Hoopers and Sav Hawks, leaders in their respective quarter-final zones in the Western Lucozade Men's Championships, seek their third win as the return-round gets under way with a double-header at the Montego Bay Cricket Club courts today.

The return round of the quarter-final will be played this weekend - two games today, tomorrow and Sunday - to decide the semi-finalists.

The top two teams from each group will advance to the next round, which will be a best-of-three format.

Hoopers lead Zone A with four points - one more than Granville Jaguars, with Granville Wolfpack in last place on two points.

Hawks are also on four points at the top of Zone B, one more than Inner-city Avalanche, with Railway Tigers next on two points.

Hoopers and Hawks won both games in the first round to lead the standings with four points each and will seek to repeat wins over Granville Jaguars and Inner-city Avalanche, respectively.

Hoopers will be seeking their second straight win over Granville Jaguars, who led the tables after the first two rounds following an 81-70 victory in the first round.

Hawks have been on a run and are coming off a 93-56 win over Railway Tigers in a rescheduled game at the Cricket Club courts on Tuesday and will hope to prevail over Avalanche again, as they did 74-68 in the first round.

Five Hawks players scored in double figures on Tuesday - Maurice Rodriques and Terrence Pate both scoring 20 points; Kenneth Blackwood 14; Kareem Hibbert 13 and Dylan Hodges 13 points and 15 rebounds.

Tigers have lost both games played so far, despite a heroic 12 points and 34 rebounds from Tammy Davis, along with 26 points from Detroy Jewery.

In tomorrow's double-header, Hawks will finish their quarter-final fixture against Tigers, while Granville Jaguars should beat Granville Wolfpack for a sixth straight time.

Sunday's games will be Avalanche against Tigers, starting at 6:00 pm, followed by Hoopers against Wolfpack at 8:00.
    "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

it's obviously basketball.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      it's obviously basketball.....
      Gamma, I know but it was never mentioned not even one time in the article.
      "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

...and it should have been.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And I thought is only in T&T that they did that foolishness.

pr
          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
            And I thought is only in T&T that they did that foolishness.

pr
            That is one of the things I hate about reporting. THe least you can do is mention what you are writing about. Do not assume that your readers know what you are writing about.

Comment

Working...
            X