No announcement yet.

Bruce, do they sell razors in Detroit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce, do they sell razors in Detroit?

I just saw game 6 of the Stanley Cup; I'm in Canada for a week and of course everyone here is glued to the small screen even though no canadian teams were in the finals.

I always like a good ice hockey game, I also saw the triple ot game the other night so I neeed to catch up on my sleep.

So what's the story with all the beards? btw congrats to the Detroit fans, experience over youth.

pr
    Peter R

"Playoff Beards" Are A Tradition

"Playoff beards" - hockey players growing beards for the playoffs - are a tradition.
    Playoff beards do not get shaven until a team is eliminated from the playoffs.

The Penguins have several players who are too young to grow a beard.
    For those who do not know, the Detroit Red Wings won the National Hockey League Stanley Cup championship Thursday night, beating the host Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 .

Game 5 was a classic. Detroit, with a one-goal lead, was 34 seconds away from winning the Stanley Cup in their home arena. Pittsburgh scored to tie the game, and won the game 50 minutes later in triple overtime.

Detroit won the best-of-seven game series four games to two.

As I said before, after stops in Tampa, Raleigh, and Anaheim, it is good to see the Stanley Cup out of the Bible Belt.

However, after a dozen or so years, Canadians are still waiting for the Cup to find a home north of the border.
    Last edited by Bruce; June 5, 2008, 12:31 AM. Reason: add more info

Comment

By the way, Peter, did you notice the hard hitting, about 98 per cent of it perfectly legal, that went on in the game.

Compare that to Italian soccer players.

Pittsburgh's Ryan Malone, his nose already broken, took a puck in the nose
      during game 5. He got some cotton bullets to plug the nose and stop the bleeding, and he continued playing.

Comment

Bruce, I believe that all the hard hitting that hockey players subject themselves to over the years, has killed enough brain cells that they do not feel pain... ironically, a couple penalties were (dubiously) called for guys inadvertently tripping over a stick (and not for some crosscheck).

BTW, I didn't catch why the penalty was called with less than two minutes to go in game six with detroit ahead by one goal... to make an exciting finish? it literally came down to the last second.

pr
        Peter R

Comment

Working...
        X