Bolting into perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
    ok I see ... but that formula is ridiculous (to me).

Bolt is tied with 8 others for the sixth fastest adjusted time.... that makes way more sense (to me).
    I looked at the race a few more times...and in a sense it appeared an easy run! Having said that 'trying harder' many times produce slower times as the effort at times takes away from smoothness...lowers technical execution!

Great run by Bolt.
    May he go on to greater runs!

...now, besides individual medals, that 4 x 100M Olympic Gold could be on the cards? Wouldn't that be something coming so many years after that Olympic Record run in the '98 Olympic semis by Errol Stewart, Michael Fray, name slips me - (former Holmwood (?) schoolboy runner...ran into him at Miami airport on his way back from the Pan-Am games as I think one of the JAAAs officials - Clifton Forbes?) and Lennox "Billy" Miller - 38.3 or 38.03 I think that run was!

Incidentally we ran 4th in the finals.

Could we now win and break the World Record?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      I looked at the race a few more times...and in a sense it appeared an easy run! Having said that 'trying harder' many times produce slower times as the effort at times takes away from smoothness...lowers technical execution!

Great run by Bolt.
      May he go on to greater runs!

...now, besides individual medals, that 4 x 100M Olympic Gold could be on the cards? Wouldn't that be something coming so many years after that Olympic Record run in the '98 Olympic semis by Errol Stewart, Michael Fray, name slips me - (former Holmwood (?) schoolboy runner...ran into him at Miami airport on his way back from the Pan-Am games as I think one of the JAAAs officials - Clifton Forbes?) and Lennox "Billy" Miller - 38.3 or 38.03 I think that run was!

Incidentally we ran 4th in the finals.

Could we now win and break the World Record?
      Inspired performances almost always look effortless... Usain's run included.

It's all about teamwork in the relays and execution on the day... anything can happen.

Usain's improvement makes us stronger in the 4X1 yes... assuming he is fit and selected for the relay... but all is just conjecture at this point.. too early to project.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I don't get this.... there are 5 faster adjusted times according to the table ... where does the 12th come from?
        Ranked by the strength of the wind!

Comment

It was somewhat prescient of Usain to say that he felt he was ready to run 9.85 and not 9.76.... adjusting for wind he did indeed run 9.85

Asafa's 9.78 semi before his WR in Italy last year is actually a more impressive peformance than the 9.74 as the adjustments below suggest.
          Actually the 9.74s WR WAS the SF run. The 9.78s was the finals and it is the true WR, though it was run 90mins later! If he did not shut down in the SF, the WR would be at least 9.71s now.

I hope this helps to show people how talented Asafa truly is!

Look fi more WR this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            Ranked by the strength of the wind!
            The converted times are adjusted for wind and altitude... the RANKINGS seem to follow the formula outlined by pr.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

[QUOTE=Willi;102248]Actually the 9.74s WR WAS the SF run. The 9.78s was the finals and it is the true WR, though it was run 90mins later! If he did not shut down in the SF, the WR would be at least 9.71s now.

I hope this helps to show people how talented Asafa truly is!

Look fi more WR this year.[/QUOTE

you're right.... thnx for the correction

Comment

Could be!

Comment

Working...
                X