what does sarwan mean by this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does sarwan mean by this.....

Sarwan also said he was not interested in replacing Brian Lara as the team's star batsman.
    "I don't need stardom, I just need us to play as a team and continue to play as a team, we played very well in South Africa, unfortunately we couldn't win the series because of injury, all credit must go to him [Gayle], I'm sure he doesn't want any stardom or Shiv [Chanderpaul] doesn't want any stardom. We want to build a team and hopefully West Indies cricket can go forward and I think that is important."

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

ouch! i guess lara was like henry?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yuh wrenk!!!

henry was pure class on and off the field.

lara was mostly class when he was batting!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Looks like relieving him of the captaincy has had an upside. Many feel that he should be back at the helm. Sarwan seems to be pragmatic about the current situation with a "if it aint broke, don't fix it" stance.

Anyway, some telling comments. Suffice to say that Lara's batting genius surpassed by miles all other aspects of his character. In his "old" age he seems to be trying to don the mantle of elder statesman but only time will tell.

pr
        Peter R

Comment

Good TEAM attitude and play and the 'stardom' part will 'jus cum'! Play to be a star and often that 'stardom' never comes!
          TEAM, glorious TEAM makes all other things possible!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

and brian lara?!!

Comment

Why they dont ALL get of Lara's back??? He is RETIRED from Test Cricket...just get on with it!!!!! If any of them could play half as well and consistently as Lara....no badda mek mi start dis mawning....

Comment

just because lara invite yuh to him fete......anyway yuh already start suh follow thru....

Comment

Exile,

I don't think his batting credentials are in any doubt... but it could be argued that the beginning of the demise of Windies cricket coincided with Lara's arrival on the scene. Didn't he bring a different atitude to the ball game? This is part of the argument that his detractors will put to his defenders.

And before we talk about insularity or inter-island rivalry, this is a view held by many Trinis whom I know are heavily involved in the cricket scene.

pr
                  Peter R

Comment

well said sah...although i would add that his arrival coupled with the limitations on foreign players by english county cricket and wicb's lack of vision was the equivalent of the unholy triumvirate....which has led to the decline of windies cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      and brian lara?!!
                      Why the hell did he bring Brian Lara in this?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                      X