JA hammered by T&T in 20/20 final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JA hammered by T&T in 20/20 final

JA 91 all out in 16.4 - T&T 93 for 1 in 9 + overs.

I'm at work already this morning and getting a lot of "stick" from my T&T colleagues... all I can say is that it look like we had no answer to good spin bowling. The only positive thing for the team is that they get to share $500K US... not a bad pay day for criket in these parts.

I'm looking to some revenge this weekend as I think JA plays T&T in the regular season 4-day match at the Queens Par Oval. I'll be there for a few sessions over the weekend. Hoping for a different result.

Peter R
    Peter R

hearty congrats to t&t...a thoroughly well deserved win!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It was painful to watch. My take is that the Jamaican side could not lift themselves after a close adrenaline rush semi-final the night before. They were so flat. Ganga and his team looked more eager. Don't know if we should take Ganga's comments seriously that the TT team was focussed on winning for country while others (read Jamaica) were playing for the money.
      Peter-R - link me this w/end.

Comment

The Jamaicans have admitted that they were blinded by the money.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

they didn't have to admit it...t&t won the 500K last year...they wanted the lion's share this time...jamaica on the other hand seemed to have opted for the deal or no deal approach in that they were happy to have gotten the 500K and were not as motivated.

wouldn't agree with ganga, t&t wanted the MORE money MORE than jamaica did.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

One comment that was made by both Ganga and Bravo was that this win was the best feeling of their cricket career. Bravo said that the feeling surpassed that of the WI win in the ICC a couple years ago.

That I found a surprising comment, tho' it's true to the extent that neither have experienced much success as members of the WI team.

It says then that they put a lot more effort especially mentally into this tournament than when playing for the WI in the WC, or even playing for their country in the regional competitions.

Does this mean that Stanford will now become the standard? in these parts anyway?

T&T did look like a well-oiled machine I must admit, and congrats to them on a great win.

pr
            Peter R

Comment

Some of the best fielding I have seen (mixed in with some not-so-good ones) was when Jamaica played Guyana in the semifinal. I have no doubt that these players are more committed to Stanford than they are to Windies cricket!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The jubilation is always greatest when Trinis beat Jamaicans, and US$1M doesn't hurt!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

jamaica settled......they were just too happy with the $500K.

Comment

Gamma, you are being too nice today!!! Jamaica were a mess!!! They should lose their match fee..ie. the 0.5M

Comment

Cho.. Jamaica has an abundance of Talent, clearly the more Talented side..

We will take that and 1/2 Million everytime.

Comment

Working...
                      X