No announcement yet.

Chricket Archivists? Who can help me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chricket Archivists? Who can help me...

...source some info from way back when. Back in th day of sugarcane cricket in Jamaica - Crum Ewing Cup I think....my Dad (deceased) used to play for Seven's Esate pace bowler - (though not as fast as I was)...also played for Jamaica select 11 vs. a pre-touring West Indian team (England) and so the story goes got the scalps of the 3 Ws. Now where could I find that info (if it exists?).

Originally posted by Exile View Post
    ...source some info from way back when. Back in th day of sugarcane cricket in Jamaica - Crum Ewing Cup I think....my Dad (deceased) used to play for Seven's Esate pace bowler - (though not as fast as I was)...also played for Jamaica select 11 vs. a pre-touring West Indian team (England) and so the story goes got the scalps of the 3 Ws. Now where could I find that info (if it exists?).
    Perhaps, Gleaner archives!
    ...btw - an email to Tony Becca could help!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

who tell yuh that? yuh old man? my old man used to play for monymusk in the same competition as a spinner.

he regaled me that one season he was among the leading wicket takers and had more wickets than runs for the season.....do like me and just blindly accept it...next thing yuh guh research and find out otherwise!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Ha, ha...no he was good enough..and I got it from other parties as well..I used to go to an old barber in May Pen named Mr. Wint who in between his big sips of white rum used to tell me about my father's bowling exploits - but I was just a child then and didn't quite understand...thing is there was sm genetic passing down (heh, heh)...so I gues I believe.

Comment

sevens probbaly still have the scorer's books from the games they played.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Seven's shut down umpteen years now. My Dad had books and I used to look through them (still a youth then)..but they were lost, damaged etc. You should ask your father if he knew of my father back then.

Comment

you know i didn't remember that sevens was closed? it was such a fixture when i was a yute...

unfortunately i can't ask my old man.... he passed away 3 years ago.

do you know of dexter manning? or boris smith snr?

Comment

Sorry to hear. Mine died 19 years ago -it's like yesterday. Dexter Manning sounds familiar.

Comment

Working...
                X