X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me this a nuh foolishness?

Samuels cited for bowling action

Samuels took 1-90 in his side's innings and 100-run defeat

West Indies all-rounder Marlon Samuels has been reported to the International Cricket Council for a suspected illegal bowling action.
    Umpires Simon Taufel, Aleem Dar and Brian Jerling questioned one specific delivery in the West Indies' third-Test defeat against South Africa in Durban.

The officials are focusing particularly on the part-time spinner's faster ball. Match referee Roshan Mahanama has asked the ICC to commission a biomechanical report on Samuels' action. If Samuels is found to have been bowling with an illegal action he will be suspended from bowling that particular delivery in international cricket with immediate effect.
    Last edited by Karl; January 14, 2008, 10:44 AM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Why not cut all the BS and let the bowler throw the ball any way he wants to?

Comment

and all NOW dem nuh si brett lee's faster one, yorker AND bouncer?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agree with you 100%!
        Pure nonsense!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I watched the match and I did see Marlon throw one (wasn't the faster one though) BUT the problem I have is with the South African fast bowlers. They are all 'flinging' at least 1 per over. Main culprit is Nel.

Comment

Make sure you're watching the elbow and not the wrist...bowlers are allowed to "flick" the wrist downwards on delivery... but this investigation is farcical. The ICC has nothing better to do??

pr
            Peter R

Comment

In my day, if you flicked the wrist you were flinging.

Comment

Working...
              X