How bad is NY Knicks this season....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is NY Knicks this season....

...after getting blown out by 49 points in Boston last Thursday, is this the end of this team for the rest of the season? Can NY make the playoffs? Any Knick fans on the board? I'm sick of watching my team go through another season without any progress.

It all started with that horrible Ewing trade in 2000 followed by the iCamby trade for Mc Dyess then the infamous block buster deal for Stephon Marbury that has not lived up to anything. What can the Knicks do to salvage pride and become another contender in the East? We have some talent but we also have a few malcontents.

Discuss.....

It si called the cyclical nature of sports get used to it...Boston was a power right up the 1980s and until the death of Len Bias after they traded the franchise for him things started going down hill, now we can see the light at the end of the tunnell...I cant feel sorry for you at all boss, too busy looking for my Celtics gear that i either hid or might have thrown away...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Very, very bad!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post

It si called the cyclical nature of sports get used to it...Boston was a power right up the 1980s and until the death of Len Bias after they traded the franchise for him things started going down hill, now we can see the light at the end of the tunnell...I cant feel sorry for you at all boss, too busy looking for my Celtics gear that i either hid or might have thrown away...

Sickko,

Celtics were very lucky in the off season. They had a very small payroll to begin with whih put them in great stead to take on the payroll of both Garnett and Ray Allen wid ease. Of course they gave up alot to get both players (youth and small$$$) but they are not a title contender. They are a contender in the East because its weak, but they probably would've struggled if they were in the western conference.

They 've done a nice job though, and I'm very surprised they have gelled so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Very, very bad!
          so what do we do. We're in salary cap hell for another few years. I mean Stephon Marbury is worth 42 million for the next 2 years. I'd like to trade him but no one else will touch him in the league with his bloated salary. Same thing with Q Rich and Jamal Crawford. We're in salary cap hell and don't have a realistic shot at signing Lebron, Dwayne Wade or Carmelo Anthony when they become unrestricted free agents in '09.

here's a break down of NY's bloated payroll.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
            so what do we do. We're in salary cap hell for another few years. I mean Stephon Marbury is worth 42 million for the next 2 years. I'd like to trade him but no one else will touch him in the league with his bloated salary. Same thing with Q Rich and Jamal Crawford. We're in salary cap hell and don't have a realistic shot at signing Lebron, Dwayne Wade or Carmelo Anthony when they become unrestricted free agents in '09.

here's a break down of NY's bloated payroll.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm
            Poor management hurts...for years!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

are they worse than the heat? mi 'fraid fi look!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yes dem worse than the Heat - at least My-a-mi won a title in 2006 - Knicks nutten. A mi team still, but mi caan waste kilowatts fi watch dem break my heart.
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  are they worse than the heat? mi 'fraid fi look!
                  With Marbury leading from the back sure. I'd love NY to take a gamble and package him in a deal but no team will take him because of his bloated salary.

He's owed 42 million over the next 2 seasons. The problem is even if a team bites the bullet and takes on Steph, we'd have to take back equally bad long term contracts which will no longer fly with the fans in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    Unlike Boston, NY is the mecca for pro-sports teams....i.e Yankees, Jets, Rangers, Knicks.

The fans are restless about the Knicks and are not prepared to continue to support mediocrity. They're starved for a championship in NY and are used to having good teams.

In any other American city that have pro-sports teams, fans tehre would accept a team that's rebuilding but that doesn't fly with NY fans which is why the frustration grows year after year. The pressure is on NY front office to do something to better the team. Lets look at economics for a minute. Ticket prices at MSG is the most expensive in the entire NBA. If fans start boycotting Knick games then the franchise will be losing alot of money. Dolan is currently sitting on his fat ass making money because fans are still going to the Garden, but that will change if they (NY) don't make the playoffs yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post

yes dem worse than the Heat - at least My-a-mi won a title in 2006 - Knicks nutten. A mi team still, but mi caan waste kilowatts fi watch dem break my heart.
                      yea but Shaq nah gwaan wid nutten this season dont? Miami a struggle same way without "Flash".

Yes Miami win one but they will not repeat with an aging Shaq who is slower and banged up.

Comment

Working...
                      X