Fire the trainer- ha ha ha great name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire the trainer- ha ha ha great name

I dont gamble horse racing...not anymore anyways... and I dont follow it as a sports either but ever so often you hear reports and results on the radio and I heard a name for a horse the other day that cracked me up...

There is a horse named 'Fire the Trainer' and he actually won a race on Saturday.

Another great name that I read about some times ago was an American race horse by the name of "only God knows who'...and owner had a great sense of humor as he instructed the jockey to make sure he goes for the lead very early in the race as he has always wanted to hear the track announcer say "only God knows who is in front"
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

FIRE D TRAINER In Todays GLEANER

The GLEANER reports FIRE D TRAINER, who won Saturday, was claimed for $315,000.

Comment

Could be a strategy to make the horse seem less likely to win, thus lesser odds. Lesser odds=more payout.

Comment

On Saturday, Fire D Trainer paid J$88 to win and $32 to place for a J$20 bet.

The purse payout from the track to the owner of the horse that wins the race is pre-determined.

The bet odds to the fans are determined by the percentages of money wagered on each horse. This system is called "pari-mutuel", which is French for "among ourselves." The bettors put their money into a pot, the track takes a cut, and the remainder is paid out to bettors with winning tickets. The track merely caclulates and displays the odds.

Caymanas skews heavily toward the favorites. Payouts of less than 1 to 1 odds are common.

In a "claiming" race, all the horses are literally being offered for sale to anyone with enough money to purchase them. For Fire D Trainer, or any other horse in that race, the price was J$315,000.

Comment

Working...
        X