well if tis don't beat all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well if tis don't beat all

andrew symonds subject to racist taunts in INDIA?!!!

'Throw culprits out and keep them out' - Speed
    Cricinfo staff
    October 18, 2007

Andrew Symonds has been subjected to alleged racial abuse during Australia's tour of India © Getty Images

Malcolm Speed, ICC's chief executive officer, has urged its member countries to follow a zero-tolerance policy towards racism and adhere to the Anti-Racism Code.

In the wake Andrew Symonds being subjected to monkey chants during the tour of India, Speed said, "If people are seen or heard behaving in a racist way then our message to the ground authorities and host boards is clear: find the culprits, throw them out and keep them out because racism has no place in our sport. It is pleasing to hear that some offenders in Mumbai were ejected and that is the type of zero tolerance we want in relation to this despicable behaviour."

The Mumbai police had held four spectators for allegedly passing racist comments against Australian players at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai during the seventh ODI of the series. The four, who were booked under Section 110 of the Bombay Police Act (behaving indecently in public), were immediately released after paying a fine of Rs 1,200 each as per the provisions of the law.
    Speed also confirmed the ICC had received a response from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to a previous request for information on reported incidents during the fifth ODI between Australia and India in Vadodara on October 11.
    "The BCCI has undertaken to obtain reports from independent sources concerning that match and we look forward to receiving those reports as soon as possible," Speed said.
    He had written to the BCCI again on Thursday to get its comments concerning the behaviour of sections of the crowd at the Wankhede Stadium on Wednesday when Andrew Symonds was subjected to alleged racial abuse. An Australian photographer captured on camera certain spectators in the North Stand enacting monkey chants, a complaint that had been first made during the one-dayer in Vadodara.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

I saw this on MSNBC yesterday. I must admit I chuckled when I heard it.
    Between you and the Indians mi nuh know who worse when it come to monkey business! (Bricktop 3:16) - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
      I saw this on MSNBC yesterday. I must admit I chuckled when I heard it.
      Between you and the Indians mi nuh know who worse when it come to monkey business! (Bricktop 3:16) - T.K.

Comment

Well he himself is racist look at him making fun of white people's lips:

Comment

Working...
        X